Usually personality tests don’t give much insight about a person. They can be fun, but you start to lost interest in them if you’ve studied psychology. However, there’s one personality test that is both fun, but has actually been useful for getting to know someone. I’ve done this on most of my friends and it’s always been really fun to see their answers. I'm not sure who originally came up with this, but whoever it was is a genius.
Here's the questions, and I'll fill in my answers for an example.
1) What's your favorite color, and why?
2) What's your second favorite color, and why?
3) What's your favorite animal, and why?
4) What's your favorite thing in nature, and why?
5) What's your favorite form of water, and why?
6) If you wake up in a white room with no windows and no doors, how do you feel?
(I should point out that answering the "why" for each of these questions is really important.)
1) Dark purple. It's bold (rarely seen in nature) and also has a "relaxed" vibe.
2) Black. It's simple.
3) Dragon. (Yes it's a freaking animal. Legends have it that they disguise themselves as mountains, only special people can see them.) They're strong, brave, noble, and fierce. While they have many talents (wisdom, stealth, flying, etc.), the best dragons use these for good. When soaring, they can't go unnoticed. They're unique, intimidating, yet lovable.
4) The sky. It's mysterious, beautiful, dangerous, and comforting all at once. When I look at the sky I'm humbled, yet I find myself in a place of reassurance.
5) Rivers. They're an adventure! There's some rocky areas, and some calm areas - but they're always moving forward.
6) At peace.
And now, what does this all mean?
1) Your favorite color describes how you wish you viewed yourself.
2) Your second favorite color describes how you actually view yourself.
3) Your favorite animal describes what you look for in a significant other.
4) Your favorite thing in nature describes how you view God.
5) Your favorite form of water describes how you view marriage.
6) Your feeling in the white room describes how you feel about death.
Pretty cool! (Maybe creepy too.) My answers line up with the meanings perfectly. It's always interesting to hear my friends' answers. Have fun!